Hello! I’m Julie, creator of this blog. Here are some facts about me:
- I live in SE Minnesota.
- My husband and I have 4 adult children (1 daughter and 3 sons) and 2 daughter-in-laws.
- Our children live in 4 different states and we don’t get to see them as much as we would like.
- I work for a public accounting firm and a solar company. This keeps me quite busy.
- I love warm weather and the ocean.
- I have a passion for empowering the people of Haiti.
Creating a blog has been on my bucket list for a few years. My daughter-in-law Emily, created www.ditchtheheels.com for a graduate school class and she has helped me immensely on the technical side of creating this blog. I could not have done this without her help.
Now that our children are grown and on their own, I thought I would have plenty of time to pursue my interests. For some reason, I am busier than ever. I just cannot find enough hours in the day to enjoy the things I love. I hope that through my blog, I will be able to share with you the things that I love.
A few things I hope to share with you:
- My love of rubber stamping and creating greeting cards.
- Healthy recipes that are quick and easy to make.
- My trips to Haiti and my love for the people.
- My attempt to stay fit and active.
- Organization in the home and frugal living.
Thank you for stopping by. I am looking forward to this new adventure.